Thursday, March 20, 2008

Terracycle Bottle Cap Competition

As part of design studio, our assignment was to create another use for plastic bottle caps that would be marketable. First, me and my partner Sara Zales had to search for bottle caps in recycle bins all around uncg campus.

For the original model, we made a picture frame/wall art piece from the bottle caps. We thought that something like this would be appealing to the people because it would look good on someone's wall and have meaning because it contained a picture.

However, it broke when our teachers decided to turn it into a Frisbee. :)


It was probably a good thing they broke it because we took the pieces apart and made our final model.
This is a candle holder made of recycled wire from one of my old projects and bottle caps found from all over Greensboro. I am very happy with the final outcome, because it is unique and something I would want to buy and place in my home.

No comments: