Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nature As tools

It's hard to imagine that this pattern came from a Squash, but after examining patterns in the fruit I came up with a unique pattern that I based the following models off of.

These are pictures of my first idea for the model. I wanted very straight lines in a strange arrangement that could be turned any way and still be a 3d form.

Then we had to turn our model into an architectural statement. I decided that my form would make a great tunnel, so I cut one of the ends off of a triangle and added black to make the form more playful and interesting.

For my final model, I just wanted to improve the craft, so I used rubber cement and constructed it slightly different.

I am very happy with my architectural statement because it is unique and reflects my style of designing.

No comments: