Monday, October 1, 2007

Memory


"Create a container to house a memory"
Memory: About two months ago I was up late in my house while most of my family was asleep. My little brother came into my room and told me he thought that somebody was breaking into our house and that there was a flashlight going around on the deck. So my brother and I tried to figure out what it was for about an hour until we found out it was just the moon reflecting through a glass table.

This is my first iteration. I think the craft isn't good, and I also feel I didn't portray exactly how I felt about the memory.


This is my second trial for my memory. I changed everything about the project because I wanted to portray the emotion of confusion and uncertainty instead of trying to be so literal.

This is my final project, which I am very happy with. I think it portrays the emotion I was going for. I decided to change the shape from my second trial and made the box longer and thinner to hide more light. I also put the windows into the box so that it looks more put together.

The first picture of my final shows how I used slits in the side to show light going through the box. it explains how you can see light from some angles and not from others.
Inside the box I put random pieces of paper to "block" the light, making it harder to find the source of the light.

No comments: