Sunday, December 9, 2007

Media Design- Book Covers

Thee Catcher in the Rye is a Great book, and the cover helps enhance the meaning and mood of the plot in the story. I like how it has a pop of only one color, and the color is symbolic for those of you who haven't read the book before.
I haven't read this book before, but i can tell that it's probably sad and sentimental based on the cover. the colors are neutral, and nothing is really bold. the image of one flower shows its going to be a beautiful story. (probably more for women to read than men.)
I like this cover because it looks like a painting almost. the style of the cover shows that it is probably a book for a young child or teenager. I also like how the cover gives away part of the plot of the book but not enough to understand whats going to happen.
I love this cover because it is very simple. The orange of the person pops in the blue background. Yet, both colors are very bold which may mean the book is going to be dramatic.
It is very obvious that this is a children's book. The colors are bright and fun. It makes the book very inviting and I'm sure kids are going to want to open it. also, I like the pop of yellow because it makes it easy to see the title.
Comic Books have really neat designs. I like how it shows lots of action, which is a window into what the comic is about. The colors are all similar and balanced, and I like the fact that this particular one looks like a drawing.
This Children's book is nice also because the colors are fun. The image shows what the book is about, and the different levels of depth make the image more interesting.
For those of you who have read this book, the cover is perfect because it gives so many hints about the book. I actually didn't like the book, but I think the cover is very successful because it reflects the writing and shows symbols and metaphors that are going to show up.
I like this cookbook, because the design takes from other artists. The Mona Lisa is used very effectively because the facial expression of her and the status she has in society will make people want to read the cookbook.
This book cover uses a dramatic photograph that I like a lot! it's probably one of my favorite covers because it doesn't give away too much. it only helps to enhance the title of the book. the text of the title is also effective because it looks "slippery" just like the title.

No comments: