Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ten Designers

1.Philippe Starck- He's a well known French designer who has done interior design and industrial design. I particularly love his modern designs of furniture. They are very simple yet they look incredibly comfortable. He has designed toothbrushes, barstools, cafes in Paris, and even an aircraft.

2.Ron Dayan- Is another well known designer, who specializes in designing for the rich and famous. He decorates for homes all over the United States, and has been featured in numerousarticles. The only thing I didn't like about him, was that he wasn't so much of an interior designer, but an interior decorator.

3.Mauro Lipparini- is a designer known for "natural minimalism" who currently teaches as Florence department of architecture. His designs of sofas and storage units are very unique yet they look like they would still be pretty functional. His style is very sleek and contemporary.

4.Catherine Beyens- designs are different becuase they are not the typical modern contemporary designs that are popular today. she used to do fashion and interior desig, but now specializes in furniture design with wood. I like her designs, however some of them seem elementary and lack a uniqueness and creativity.

5.Aldo Cibic- designs with a sculptural viewpoint. I really love his coco lamp and other industrial designs because i love free-flowing sculptural forms. He is an Italian born architect and started his own business working on the industrial design

6.Thomas O Brien- is an interior designer whose style is "warm modernism." what I like about his designs are the colors that he used. he also designs furniture that looks as though it would be very functional for all types of homes.

7.Andree Putman- is probably one of my favorite designers so far because he does some really amazing furniture designs as well as interior designs that fit my kind of style. His stuff is so unique and he uses many different kinds of medium for his work.

8.Victoria Hagan- this designer is much different than the last seven because her designs are very classical. she uses clean white colors and intricate swirls and designs on her furniture. I love this style but I think it gets overwhelming if you have a lot of these types of designs in a home or building.

9. Loretta Spence- her designs are mediocre, but I thought I would mention them because not all designers are amazing. I like one of her designs from her portfolio, however, all of her other stuff looks kinda the same to me. she uses the same colors and ideas in each project.

10. Sherill J. Baldwin- okay so here's one more I didn't like very much because it just isn't my style. Her designs have lots of beige and brown which in my opinion is very plain. It also looks as though she is more of a decorator than a designer.

No comments: