Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Research Paper

(image: livespanohio.com)

For Professional Practice we were asked to choose our own topic for a research paper. The topic had to do with a current trend in the design field. I chose to write about health care design and design for the aging because my internship deals with senior living design.

After researching, I have found that the elderly population will nearly double in the next 20 to 30 years. this means that the demand for healthcare, senior living, and universal design will increase dramatically.

My paper takes a look at some statistics and covers information on the new technology that the elderly may use to make their lives easier. I hope to continue learning more about new technology and materials that will be beneficial when I become a professional and can work on spaces that affect this older population.